Two-factor authentication provides an extra layer of security by requiring additional identification when a user attempts to log into an account. Smartwaiver works with Google Authenticator for this additional security. Google Authenticator is a mobile app that adds two-factor authentication to your Smartwaiver account login.
To enable, you will need to install Google Authenticator on your mobile device. Once Smartwaiver is connected to Google Authenticator, a passcode will be auto-generated on your mobile device which you will need to log in to your Smartwaiver account.
What You Need To Know To Get Started
- Download the Google Authenticator app for your Apple or Android device. You do not need a Google account to use it.
- When using Google Authenticator, you will always need your mobile device to generate the passcode. There isn’t a way to generate a passcode on your laptop or desktop computer.
- Be sure to save your Smartwaiver Recovery Code on a separate device. You'll need the Recovery Code to log in to Smartwaiver if you ever lose or damage your device.
- Make sure your mobile device’s time is automatically set. If your device’s time is set manually, the new passcodes that are generated every 30 seconds by Google Authenticator and Smartwaiver could be out of sync and result in a login error.
The passcode from Google Authenticator is a temporary six-digit number that changes every 30 seconds. Because this unique, temporary code is stored on your mobile device, there is no way to generate a passcode without your device.
Set Up Google Authenticator
- Click on the My Account icon and then the Set Up Google Authenticator button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Important Reminder: Be sure to store your recovery code somewhere you can access even if your mobile device is lost! Smartwaiver cannot replace this recovery code.
Now, when you log in to Smartwaiver you will be required to provide the Google Authenticator passcode before you can access your Smartwaiver account.
To Disable Two-Factor Authentication
- Click your Username name and then Account Settings.
- Choose Two-Factor Authentication from the My Profile tab.
- Enter the current six-digit passcode from Google Authenticator.
- Click on the Disable Two-Factor Authentication button.