If you're allowing your customers to sign a smart waiver at your location with an iPad, you'll want to set up a Smartwaiver Kiosk. The set-up is simple: all you need is the free Smartwaiver Kiosk app, an iPad and an optional enclosure for your tablet.
The Smartwaiver Kiosk app is compatible with an iPad 4 or higher and requires iOS 10.3 or later. You can use the Smartwaiver Kiosk app both online AND offline. A WiFi data connection is not required to accept waivers, but is required in order for waivers to be uploaded to your account.
(Note: Smartwaiver updates the Kiosk app regularly. If your iPad is set to 'Automatically Download Apps', you may be asked to re-register your device each time the Kiosk app is updated. If this is an inconvenience, you can disable the Auto Update setting on your device by going to Settings --> iTunes & App Store --> Apps)
Set up Instructions:
1. Download the Free Smartwaiver Kiosk App.
2. Open the app on your iPad and tap on Sign In.
3. A six-digit registration code will be displayed on the next screen. You'll use this code to register your Kiosk from your Smartwaiver account.
4. Go to https://www.smartwaiver.com from a computer and log in to your Smartwaiver account.
5. Click on your Username and select 'Account Settings'.
6. Select 'Manage Kiosks'.
7. Click 'Register New Kiosk'
8. Enter the six-digit code displayed on your device and give your Kiosk a name (Note: The Kiosk Name will be publicly displayed on your device so be sure to name it appropriately).
9. Click 'Register'.
Your Kiosk has now been Registered! If you have only one waiver in your account, you can go back to your device and tap on the 'Launch' button.
If you have multiple waivers set up in your account OR you want to edit your Kiok settings (shown below), click on the Kiosk title link:
From this next screen you can:
- Change your Kiosk Name: The name that identifies your Kiosk and is publicly displayed on the bottom of screen on your device.
- Set up Auto Photo Capture: Allow your device to capture photos of your participants automatically while completing the waiver.
- Choose which waiver you'd like to display on your device: Select an individual waiver or a Waiver Index Page
- Select your Inactivity Timeout: Number of minutes your Kiosk can remain inactive before the screen automatically refreshes
- Offline Collection Limit: This is the maximum number of offline waivers you would like to collect on your device. If you select “No Offline Waivers”, the feature will not work and an internet connection will be required to collect waivers. (See: Using the Smartwaiver Kiosk App Offline)
- Add an Admin Passcode: This is a four digit code that the Smartwaiver Admin will use to access your offline waivers and other settings on your device. (See: Using the Smartwaiver Kiosk App Offline)
After making a change to your Kiosk settings, click on the Update button. The changes will show up on your Kiosk the next time the waiver is reloaded on the device (you can tap on 'Start Over' at the bottom of the screen to reload the waiver on your device).
If you ever need to deregister the Kiosk, simply scroll down to the bottom of the Manage Kiosk page and click on the Deregister Kiosk button.
Settings for your iPad (4th generation or higher / iOS 10.3 or later):
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock and select Never. This prevents your iPad from locking after a period of inactivity. (Note: If you’re using an iPad with a Microsoft Exchange account, the Never option might not be available. Check with your IT department for more information.)
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard and set Auto-Correction to Off as well as Check Spelling to Off.
- Go to Settings > General > Multitasking > Gestures and check Disable.
- For the Counter: Maclocks Space 360
- Free Standing: Lilitab iPad Floor Stand with the Camera Security Faceplate, Lilitab Keyboard Mount and Apple Wireless Keyboard