If you have a waiver written in Spanish or French that is identical to the English version you have in your Smartwaiver Waiver List, you can easily copy that English smart waiver and create a Spanish or French version. Below are instructions on how to do this.
Note: We're happy to help with any technical questions re: the Waiver Editor but unfortunately we are unable to convert or Publish your Spanish or French waiver into the system. We recommend that you consult with a fluent, Spanish or French speaking attorney before using your Spanish or French waiver in Smartwaiver.
To copy your existing smart waiver:
1. Click on Create / Edit Waivers
2. Select the arrow next to the waiver you'd like to copy and click on the Copy button.
3. Select the Yes button confirming you'd like to make a copy.
A new copy of the waiver template as been been created!
You'll be taken directly to the Waiver Editor where you can start converting your new waiver into a Spanish version.
To create a Spanish version of the copied waiver:
1. First, change your Title of the waiver. This text will be shown in your Waiver Console.
2. Next, select the Body tab and copy/paste the Spanish text into the editor.
3. Select the Participant Info tab. Here you will see the default English text. If you refer your customers as Participant's, simply leave these two boxes unchanged.
The Spanish/French text will automatically appear on your waiver even though they do not show in the Waiver Editor.
4. The Standard Participant Information sub-tab will show all of the settings that were selected from the copied, English version.
5. If you have custom questions on your waiver that each participant needs to complete, click on the Custom Participant Information sub-tab.
(The word "Information" will be shown on the waiver in Spanish/French)
Now, replace the English text in the custom questions and labels with Spanish or French text and click OK.
6. If your waiver includes Minors and the text in the Parent or Guardian section differs from the default text Smartwaiver provides, you will need to add that translated text here.
If your text is the same as the default text shown above, it will be automatically translated into Spanish/French for you on the waiver.
7. If you'd like to include the Spanish/French waiver on your Waiver Index Page, click on the Options tab and then Waiver Index Page. Check the box shown below and give the waiver a public-facing title (e.g. Spanish Waiver).
8. At the bottom of the Options tab page, select Waiver Language and choose Spanish or French (** important step **).
9. If you have custom questions on the waiver that only the primary participant needs to complete, click on Waiver Fields and then Custom Waiver Fields.
You will need to replace the English text with the Spanish/French text for each question and label.
10. Finally, click on the Publish tab and then the Publish button.
You will now see your new Spanish or French Waiver in your Waiver List.
Example of a Spanish smart waiver:
Important: Because of the dynamic nature of smart waivers, some of the Spanish/French text you include on your waiver may not be grammatically similar to your English version. It is your responsibility to review the final result with a legal adviser to confirm that your published smart waiver is suitable for your business.