Autofill is a feature that allows values to be passed to the waiver so that specific fields on the waiver can be pre-populated. You can pass values for the participant’s Name and Date of Birth as well as an optional tag. Autofill is primarily used for integrations with an existing customer record system when the participant's Date of Birth and full name are known.
Note: For instructions on how to integrate Smartwaiver with your system when the waiver is signed first, please read this article.
Tip: You can pass your internal customer ID as the tag. This method allows you to know which customer should be associated with the waiver. You can even pass this value back to your server immediately after they sign the waiver using redirects or webhooks.
How To Set Up Autofill
1. Determine your waiver’s GUID (Globally Unique Identifier).
- Start with your waiver URL. We'll use the following URL as an example: https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/4fc7d12601941/web/
Append information to the end of your waiver like: https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/4fc7d12601941/web/?wautofill_firstname=Rocky&wautofill_lastname=Rogers&wautofill_dobyyyymmdd=19800921&wautofill_tag=123
2. If you’d like to link to the Kiosk version of the waiver instead of the Web version simply change /web/ to /kiosk/. E.g: https://www.smartwaiver.com/w/4fc7d12601941/kiosk/?wautofill_firstname=Rocky&wautofill_lastname=Rogers&wautofill_dobyyyymmdd=19800921&wautofill_tag=123
|wautofill_firstname||Participant’s First Name (Required)|
|wautofill_middlename||Participant’s Middle Name (Optional)|
|wautofill_lastname||Participant’s Last Name (Required)|
|wautofill_dobyyyymmdd||Participant’s Date of Birth (Required). YYYYMMDD format is mandatory. Include leading 0s for month and day. E.g. March 1st, 2012 would be: 20120301.|
|wautofill_tag||Auto-Tag (optional). Learn about Auto-tagging.|
- Autofill is to be used by Adult waivers only (18 or over)
- If First Name, Last Name or Date of Birth is not defined or is empty, Autofill is ignored and a blank waiver will be shown.
- If Date of Birth does not match YYYYMMDD formatting or if an invalid or future date is passed, Autofill is ignored and a blank waiver will be shown.
- The "Anyone else need to sign?" button and social media sharing buttons normally shown after a waiver is submitted will automatically be disabled when using Autofill.
- Though customers cannot modify the values you pass on the waiver this should not be seen as a security feature. Customers can of course modify the URL so if it is critical that the name in your system match the name on the waiver double check this with the API prior to importing.
- Including multiple minors on the same waiver is not supported with Autofill.