If you are using MailChimp for your email marketing system, you can automatically transfer your participant's name and email address details from Smartwaiver into MailChimp using Smartwaiver's Third-Party Integration.
To set up the integration:
- Log in to your MailChimp account and click on your account name.
- Click on Account.
- Click on Extras and then select API Keys from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Create A Key button.
- Copy the API Key.
- Log in to your Smartwaiver account.
- From the lefthand sidebar, click My Account. From the top of this new page, click the Integrations tab. Within this Integrations page, click the Add Integration button under the MailChimp logo.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Waiver Template you would like to sync with, and click Add Integration.
- Paste your MailChimp API Key under the Settings section and click the Retrieve Lists button.
- Once your MailChimp API Key has been saved, you'll have the option to select from the MailChimp List drop-down menu and the option to Integrate email addresses.
- Now that all details have been plugged in, you will see the integration status show as Pending.
In order to trigger the integration's data flow to begin, you will need to fill out a test waiver (using a name and email address that is not yet registered within your MailChimp account).
- If you use an email address with your test submission that is already registered to one of your email marketing lists the duplicate entry will be rejected. Click here to read more on that.
- Once a test waiver has been successfully submitted the integration will begin to flow. The integration status will now show a green Success status. And you're all set!
You can disable the MailChimp integration at any time by selecting the Disable Integration button.
- Names and email addresses from participants who have signed your smart waiver (and opted-in to your mailing list) will now integrate with your MailChimp account.
- MailChimp will ensure that no duplicate email addresses are added.