FareHarbor is an easy-to-use and powerful online booking solution for tour and activity companies. Using the Smartwaiver API, the good folks at FareHarbor have whipped up a seamless waiver signing integration into their software.
If you're a FareHarbor client and have things configured on the backend***, your customers will be able to sign your smart waiver as part of the online booking process and you will be able to track and manage the signed waivers within your FareHarbor account.
What The Customer Sees
Immediately after a customer books an activity online they will receive a confirmation email that directs them to sign the waiver as a next step in the booking process.
Once signed, the document is automatically added to the customer’s booking invoice.
What You See
On the FareHarbor manifest you will be able to see whether the waiver has been signed or not, as well as the number of people listed on the participant’s waiver. You will also have the option of opening the signed document as a PDF or view it in the Smartwaiver Waiver Console.
Ensuring Signed Waivers Appear in Your FareHarbor Dashboard
***Within each individual waiver (that you use in FareHarbor), you must ensure the 'Waiver Autotag' toggle is turned on within the waiver's Settings button.
To setup this backend configuration:
- Log in to your Smartwaiver account here.
- Click 'Create/Edit Waivers' (from the left sidebar)/here, to jump to your page of waiver choices.
- Click the Edit icon (pencil icon) on any waiver(s) you have linked with FareHarbor.
Once inside the Waiver Editor ...
- Click the Settings button > scroll down and turn on the 'Waiver Autotag' toggle
(shown in the screenshot below).
- Close the Settings window > click the Publish Waiver button (in the upper right corner).
Important! In order for signed waivers to appear in your FareHarbor dashboard, the participant needs to sign the smart waiver that is linked directly from the confirmation email they receive from FareHarbor.
- If a participant signs a smart waiver that is NOT linked in the FareHarbor confirmation email, the participant data & signed document is saved in Smartwaiver but it will NOT automatically appear in your FareHarbor dashboard.
- If you create/add a new waiver to your Smartwaiver account, be sure to reach out to FareHarbor and ask them for assistance with associating the new waiver link to your FareHarbor bookings.
For more information on setting up the integration please see the FareHarbor Support page.
Note: To use the integration, an active FareHarbor and Smartwaiver account are required.
See also: Why aren't my signed waivers showing up in FareHarbor?