You have the option to set up a Smartwaiver Kiosk at your location to if you'd like customers to sign via a tablet device. The set-up is simple: all you need is a Smartwaiver account, the free Kiosk app from the Google Play Store, and if desired, an optional enclosure for your tablet.
Please note the following requirements for the Kiosk App on an Android:
The Smartwaiver Kiosk app requires an operating system of at least Android 10.0. (Be sure to check that your device is able to update to this operating system version).
- There are numerous devices on the market that may work with the Kiosk app. The exact model that our engineering team owns and tests on is the Galaxy Tab A7 (model #: SM-T550)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 sold outside of the U.S. and Canada may not be able to upgrade to the supported Android version
- Amazon Fire Tablets are not currently supported with the Smartwaiver Kiosk App
Set up Instructions:
1. Download the Free Smartwaiver Kiosk App.
2. Open the app on your device and tap the 'I Have A Smartwaiver Account' button.
3. A six-digit registration code will be displayed on the next screen. You'll use this code to register your Kiosk from your Smartwaiver account.
4. Go to https://www.smartwaiver.com from a computer and log in to your Smartwaiver account.
5. Click on your Username and select 'Account Settings'.
6. Select 'Manage Kiosks'.
7. Click 'Register New Kiosk'.
8. Enter the six-digit code displayed on your device and give your Kiosk a name (Note: The Kiosk Name will be publicly displayed on your device, as shown below on the Kiosk screen, so be sure to name it appropriately).
9. Click 'Register'.
Your Kiosk has now been Registered!
If you have only one waiver in your account, you can go back to your device and tap on the 'Launch' button.
If you have multiple waivers set up in your account OR you want to edit your Kiosk settings, click on the Kiosk title link from your Account Settings:
From this next screen you can:
- Change your Kiosk Name: The name that identifies your Kiosk and is publicly displayed on the bottom of screen on your device.
- Set up Auto Photo Capture: Allow your device to capture photos of your participants automatically while completing the waiver.
- Choose which waiver you'd like to display on your device: Select an individual waiver or a Waiver Index Page.
- Select your Inactivity Timeout: Number of minutes your Kiosk can remain inactive before the screen automatically refreshes.
After making a change to your Kiosk settings, click on the Save Changes button. The changes will show up on your Kiosk the next time the waiver is reloaded on the device (you can tap on 'Start Over' at the top of the screen to reload the waiver).
If you ever need to deregister the Kiosk from your device, simply scroll down to the bottom of the Manage Kiosk page and click on the Deregister Kiosk button.