The Smartwaiver Kiosk app for iOS (13 or higher) or Android (v.10 or higher) allows you to accept waivers when a data connection is not available. Waivers are temporarily stored locally on the device which Admins can view at anytime. Once a data connection is established on the device, the locally stored waivers are automatically uploaded to your account in the cloud.
How to Set Up Offline Waivers
Once you've installed the latest version of the Kiosk app on your iPad or Android Tablet and registered your device with your Smartwaiver account, you’ll need to enable the offline feature from your account.
- Log in to your Smartwaiver account from your desktop computer
- Click on your Username --> Account Settings --> Manage Kiosks.
- Click on the Kiosk name
- Click on the dropdown menu next to Offline Collection Limit. This is the maximum number of offline waivers you would like to collect on your device when an internet connection is not found. The default limit is set to: "No Offline Waivers". To enable the offline feature, simply toggle down to the number of offline waivers you'd like to temporarily store on your device.
- Next, create an Admin Passcode. This is a four digit code that the Smartwaiver Admin will use to access your offline waivers from your device.
- Launch your smart waiver from your iPad.
You’re all set! Your smart waiver will appear on your device as it did before offline was enabled, with two small additions:
You’ll now see:
An online indicator on the lower left of the screen
- When the indicator is GREEN your device has an internet connection.
- When the indicator is RED your device is offline.
A padlock icon on the lower right of the screen
Clicking on this icon will ask for the Admin Passcode you set up in your Smartwaiver account.
When the Admin enters the correct passcode, you will see 3 tabs on the bottom of the screen:
My Templates Tab
Shows the waiver templates that can be displayed on your device.
Offline Waivers Tab
Shows the participants that have signed your waiver on your device in offline mode. Any participant you see here has NOT been uploaded to your Smartwaiver account. Once an internet connection is established, these offline waivers will be automatically sent to your Smartwaiver account in the cloud.
A red circle with a zero next to the sync icon indicates that the offline waiver has not been synced with another iOS or Android device with the Smartwaiver Kiosk app installed and the waiver exists ONLY on this device.
A green circle with a number next to the sync icon indicates that the offline waiver has been synced with another iOS or Android device with the Smartwaiver Kiosk app installed and the waiver has been copied.
Tapping on the participant’s name will show the waiver that was signed.
Setting up multiple Apple or Android devices on your account (e.g. iPad → iPhone) will enable offline waivers to sync with each other using Apple or Android's WiFi direct feature. This screen will show you the devices that are synced with your primary device. Each device that is synced with the primary device, needs to be registered with your Smartwaiver account.
When are offline waivers uploaded to my Smartwaiver account?
As soon as you connect your device to the Internet, or sync your device to another device which does have internet access, your waivers will be uploaded to your Smartwaiver account in the cloud.
Do I have to download a new app to be able to collect offline waivers?
No, but you may need to update your Smartwaiver Kiosk app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Why don’t I see my offline waivers in my Waiver Console?
Your device needs to be connected to the internet in order for your waivers to be uploaded to your Smartwaiver account. When you see the green online indicator on the bottom of your screen, your device is connected to the internet and waivers will automatically be uploaded. You can also sync your primary device to a device that does have an internet connection, and your waivers will be uploaded.
How do I know if my waivers have been uploaded?
Your signed waivers will be shown in the Kiosk app under the Offline Waivers tab until an internet connection is established. Once the waivers have been uploaded the Offline Waivers tab will be empty and you will be able to find those waivers in your Smartwaiver account in the cloud.
My Smartwaiver Kiosk is offline, but when I submit a waiver, I see a message: "The waiver can't be submitted because you're offline". How do I fix this?
The offline mode feature in your Smartwaiver Kiosk app needs to be enabled. Follow the instructions above to enable offline mode and then click Start Over on your device to refresh the app.
When in Offline Mode, will the signed waiver's timestamp indicate when the waiver was signed or when the waiver was uploaded to my Smartwaiver account?
Your waivers will always show the timestamp of when the waiver was signed.
My iPad is synced with my phone but my offline waivers are not uploading. How do I get them to upload to Smartwaiver?
You’ll need to open the Kiosk app on your phone to start the upload process.
- Smartwaiver uses Apple's WiFi direct feature to sync waivers across multiple devices. If your devices are not syncing, be sure that your WiFi is ON, even if there is no internet connection. Also, be sure that BOTH devices have WiFi ON and the Smartwaiver Kiosk app is OPEN.
- If you do not see the offline functionality on your Smartwaiver Kiosk, be sure that your app is updated to the latest version.
- If your waivers are not syncing between devices, be sure that all devices are registered to the same Smartwaiver account.